A foodie's stroll around Venice Beach
Venice Beach is one of my favorite neighborhoods in Los Angeles. I love the chill vibe, the beach, the Venice canals and all the amazing restaurants and cool shops. One thing I love about LA is all the different neighborhoods, Santa Monica, Silverlake and Downtown are all so different and I think it's amazing that you get all these little "towns" in one big city.
The other day I went to Venice Beach for the day with a couple of friends, we started walking down Abbot Kinney before we walked by the beach, all the way to Shutters On The Beach where we had lunch. We strolled back and ended up by the Venice Canals around sunset. The canals were actually build more than 100 years ago by a developer called Abbot Kinney (hence the street name) who's idea was to build a "Venice of America". Project failed but the canals still remains and they're a beautiful place to take a walk.
Venice beach is heaven for foodies and some of my favorite restaurants there are;
- Gjelina, GTA (Gjelina Take Away) and Gjusta - same owner and they're all amazing
- Dune Venice (great Middle Eastern food)
- Tocaya (super fresh, healthy and affordable Mexican)
- Neighbor (perfect brunch location, cute back patio)
- Salt Air (delicious seafood dishes)
- The Tasting Kitchen (love the vibe here and the food is incredible)
- Rose Bar (super cute boho chic all-day restaurant)
- Casablanca (Classic Mexican restaurant. A bartender wheels a tequila cart around preparing drinks tableside)
- The Butchers Daughter (super yummy vegetarian, mostly vegan)
I'm a huge foodie and love trying new restaurants and cuisines. If I missed a restaurant you love let me know and I'll make sure to try it next time I'm in Venice Beach.
Have a lovely weekend!